The First Stick program seeks to expand participation beyond traditional boundaries and inspire kids to play hard, dream big and act responsibly within the sport of lacrosse and the game of life.
The heart of the First Stick Program lies in the belief that a child's first lacrosse stick not only serves as a means to play the sport, but is a symbol of the life-enhancing values — such as confidence, teamwork, sportsmanship and leadership — that can be developed through lacrosse.
The core purpose of the program is to create long-term partnerships between US Lacrosse and First Stick teams and to support the growth of lacrosse nationally, at all youth levels and at all stages of organizational development. This partnership will create self-sustaining programs that will operate by US Lacrosse national standards and best practices at the completion of the program.
The deadline to submit applications for the 2016-17 season has passed. For information on future grant opportunities, please fill out our online interest form.
- Affiliation with US Lacrosse through the First Stick Program for a one-year period
- Equipment assistance (boys' or girls' packages for up to 20 field players and 1 goalie)
- Complimentary US Lacrosse membership for up to 2 adult coaches and up to 20 youth or high school players
- Complimentary registration for up to 2 coaches to attend a local US Lacrosse Level 1 Clinic (travel reimbursement not included)
- Complimentary registration for up to 2 coaches or program leaders to attend the 2017 US Lacrosse Convention, Jan. 20-22 in Baltimore (travel reimbursement not included)
For more information, contact Kyle Carnaggio, Programs Coordinator, at 410-235-6882 (extension #150) or email email@example.com.
First Stick Program Supporters
The First Stick Program is a US Lacrosse initiative supported by many of the leading manufacturers, distributors and retailers of lacrosse equipment.